Thursday, August 1, 2013

Purple Princess Party!

Last week my big girl turned three!!!  For the actual day she requested a trip to the oyster farm and sushi for dinner.  (I know... really!)  Love this girl!


Then over the weekend we had a huge Purple Princess Party!  I went a little crazy all things considered, but I realized that these events are my creative outlet.  I love the little details and pulling a theme together throughout the party.  The theme was a mix of all things Disney Princess, along with the color purple.  So very many things to do with this.  Here is what we ended up with!


The front of the house was made into an amazing castle by my mom with help from my sisters. 
So cool.


We even had a fire breathing dragon!


The entrance to our purple castle!

 
The front door- a Rapunzel braid (made by me out of three shades of yellow yarn) and a plastic purple table cloth (from the dollar store) made a decorative bunting!




We made four pendant banners using colored construction paper, gift-wrapping ribbon and pictures printed from the computer.  We had done a photo shoot of Bella playing dress up in all her various princess dresses and used many of those along with pictures of her with the "real" princesses from our trip to Disneyland earlier this year. They turned out so cute!


A window decoration looks like a castle door with drawbridge to the pool (and you should always have crepe paper!).

 
My sister found this frog at a consignment shop and couldn't resist!  She made the "kiss me" sign to go along with him.
 
 
A roll of plastic tablecloth was used to create the purple bunting around the pool.  Easy to hang, inexpensive and makes such a huge impact!
 
 
 The drink table.  I made purple princess punch (1 part grape juice, 1 part pineapple juice, 2 parts sparkling water) and had sparkling waters and flat waters.  No sense in going crazy for a "kid" party.  We did have beer and wine for the grown ups too.  I also wrapped each of these bottles with colored duct tape (purple, silver and gold) and added princess stickers to each one.  Failed to get a picture of those though!
 
 
The food table! I used all purple (tablecloth, silverware, napkins) created simple food placards using Disney images found online, and the magiclip princess dolls for decoration.
 

Pocahontas Bountiful Earth Platter (aka crudités)


Snow White's (Everything but the Poison Apple) Fruit Skewers


Jasmine's Hummus and Magic Carpets (aka pita chips)


Cinderella's Cheese Platter (for Jaq and Gus-Gus)


Belle's French Baguettes


Ariel's Seaweed Snacks


Merida's Beast Skewers (chicken and beef)-
these hadn't been cooked yet so no picture of the actual food! =)


Tiana's Frog and Crown Sandwiches (PB&J cut out with cookie cutters)

 
Aurora's Spinning Wheel Pasta Salad
(again the food wasn't out yet for lunch but I used the wheel shaped pasta and followed my usual recipe)
 

The cake was created by Della Fattoria in Petaluma, chocolate with salted caramel buttercream filling and vanilla buttercream frosting.  Delicious and beautiful! I added the tiara on top (I think I found it at Target- cheap!).


This is a close up of one of the food placards, since this was Bella's very own cake and not related to a Disney princess, I thought she should get her princess picture on it too!

 
Rapunzel's Tower of Treats! Cookies made by my very talented sister Sarah. Notice that it was served in a frying pan!
 

The complete menu was printed for everyone to see in one place. Mulan's Gyoza, Ariel's Seaweed Snacks, Belle's French Baguettes, Cinderella's Cheese Platter (for Jaq & Gus-Gus), Snow White's (Everything but the Poison Apple) Fruit Skewers, Pocahontas' Bountiful Earth Platter (crudités), Jasmine's Hummus and magic carpets (pita chips), Merida's Beast Skewers (chicken & beef), Aurora's Spinning Wheel Pasta Salad, Tiana's Frog and Crown Sandwiches (PB&J), Rapunzel's Tower of Treats, and Bella's Purple Princess Cake. Delicious!

 
My sweet girl and I after she made her birthday wish.  I think mine came true- we all had a fabulous day!


No comments:

Post a Comment